Friday, November 18, 2011

happy november.

I have not written in a while. I guess I kind of go through phases. Sometimes I want to write multiple times a day, and others...well...I guess I have just as many thoughts to think, but I am just not sure how to organize them. And since I have so many, this will be random. But if you read my blog you should be used to that by now.

Thought #1: Lessons learned through the theater.

I love love love teaching at the theater. I get to play! I get to imagine. I get to hang out with cool, theater-y people. I'm learning the ropes. And even though I don't have a creative eye for choreography and blocking, I have realized that I am good at making things happen. Teaching at the theater has helped me realize that about myself. I lack ideation and get stressed out figuring out where to go from point A...but if someone can tell me that from point A you go to point B, I can figure out how to get there, and to do it damn well. I can figure out how to communicate to everyone how to get to point B, I can fill in gaps and anything that is missing for the journey, figure out details, and teach and polish along the way. So if I ever work with anyone who is good at ideation, we will make a kick ass team.

Thought #2: The beach at night.

Crisp air, but not too cold. No wind. A full moon. Complete silence. The beach in November. Last week Matt and I decided to break routine and just drive to the beach one afternoon...so we did. Stunning. "Let's just stand here and listen," he said. So we did. "Let's just take this in."

Thought #3: My domestic side

I like to be domestic sometimes. Last night I cooked Kami pear quesadillas (yes, pear...it sounds weird but you eat apple with cheese, so why not pear?) for dinner and used real cooking things like green pepper and cilantro. And I played Christmas music and lit yummy candles. I have also been making my bed every day and keeping my room clean clean clean. It's kind of fun hosting and cooking and feeling like the quintessential woman. That was not meant to be sexist so please don't take it as such.

Thought #4: Wine

I like it. I didn't used to. I kept making myself drink it and pretend to like it because I wanted to so badly. And now I do like it for reals.

Thought #5:Christmas music

I gave in and listened to it before Thanksgiving. It started out just on the radio (justified, right?)...and now I listen to it all the time. I also have it stuck in my head all week long from rehearsing Christmas song and dance numbers for 6 hours on Saturdays. But oh well, I'm embracing the fact that I'm cheating. After all, "it's the most wonderful time of year." (Glee Christmas is amazing, by the way).

The end.

1 comment: