Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Busywork is the bane of my existence...

I am NOT motivated.

It's funny...the less work I have, the less motivated I am. The past two years of college I have KILLED myself academically. Late nights, little sleep, stress, striving, perfect grades. And here I am, second semester of senior year, taking 14 credits (if you can even count them as credits)...EASY credits...and struggling to get everything done.

Do you want to know what my classes are? Personal finance. Ballroom dance. LACI (senior gen ed). Environmental Science. Abnormal Psychology. That's IT. NOT hard. Yet I find myself struggling to motivate myself to do all my busywork crap. I battle with myself daily. "Hmmm...should I hang out with friends, or read these pointless articles and write a summary on them?" I bet you can guess which option ALWAYS wins.

So, here I am, at 2:00 am, blogging instead of going to bed or tackling the massive, easy, time-consuming pile of busywork I have in my planner. Now that I have more free time than ever, every second seems to be full. Funny how that works.

Oh, did I mention that I found out that I will walk in graduation magna cum laude, regardless of this semester's grades? Yeah, that REALLY motivates me to finish strong.

Seriously, though. It is freaking SENIOR YEAR. I have things that are SO much more important to think about than school. I am spending my last semester living in the Fox community. I am learning so much about life. I am trying to figure out what my next step will be. I am growing. All of these things mean so much more to me than busywork.

Easiest semester, yet the hardest. Funny how that works.

Graduation in 3 months. Until then...I will keep procrastinating. I will keep taking siestas until 3:30 pm, only to wake up, complete an assignment due at 4:00, run over to the office and turn it in at 3:57. I will keep sprawling out on my floor, listening to music and accidentally falling asleep and almost missing class. I will keep accepting coffee dates. I will keep staying up late for no reason, only to be tired the next day and take a nap to compensate, thus making me stay up late again...what a glorious cycle. I will keep complaining about busywork, even though it's really not that bad if I would just buckle down and do it. I will keep learning that there is so much more to life than school. I will keep learning when I can, and squeezing by when I don't feel like absorbing anymore information (17 years of classroom learning is exhausting).

Yup. 3 months. And I am excited for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment