Friday, February 18, 2011

Mountaintop

I am on a mountaintop.

There is a time for everything; a time for mountaintop highs and valley lows. Usually, when I am at my lowest, I think something along the lines of, "Things will get better. A mountaintop awaits." But now, at this moment, I am not in that place. I am at the tippy top of a mountain and I want to shout my joy to the world. I am excited for life. I am excited as I have seen God's miraculous workings in a visible, understandable form (Journal, people! Seriously...looking back through old journals is incredible). I feel SO at peace. I feel so joyful!

I know that a time will come when I will not be on a mountaintop, and that's okay. But for while I am here, I am going to revel in it. I am going to drink in the beauty of each moment, basking in its goodness. I think that's what I"m supposed to do. I am going to seek and grow in this time of nurturing and joy so that when the times of desert and valleys come, I will be prepared and refreshed and equipped.

But for now, I am on a mountaintop. Thank you, God, for this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment