Thursday, February 9, 2012

OUR year. Transitions, granola, and excessive fanciness.

Has it really been months since I posted last? I guess that's what happens during transitions and lack of internet.

Oh, transitions. Just when you think they're done...when you think you're finally settled...they keep happening. I should probably be used to it by now. I have so much to write! On so many topics. And so much to think about. I actually made a bullet-pointed list in my journal of things to think about. Is that weird? Probably, but oh well.

Despite all the changes, at least I have a "permanent" (permanent=1 year) place to live. And I love it. A little, simple, 2 bedroom 2 bath casita with Kristy. It is pretty delightful living with my kindred spirit. And she has the same schedule as me! So we can live our not normal lives and feel somewhat normal. We normalize staying up until 3:00 am and coming home every night with stories of being attacked by children. We have a routine. We come home, verbally process our days, hit the gym, shower, then curl up on the couch in sweatpants with our friends Yogurt and Granola and watch Friends. Then we go to bed, sleep in until 11:00am, and start our next crazy day.

Kristy and I have decided to make 2012 OUR year. We are going to drink every moment in for all its worth. We even made an adventure box, complete with disney princess stickers and a list of wonderful things we want to do. Not like a bucket list, where it will be stressful to rush and complete every item on our list, but rather a list of things to be excited for. Things like "balcony nights" in summer, where we will sit on our balcony, drink tea, and read poetry. Oh, and sleeping out there too. And going to the airport, bags packed, and buying standby tickets. And having an evening of excessive fanciness after work. And coloring princess pictures.

It's okay that we don't want to be at our jobs for very long (we want to make paper chains counting down the days until we quit!). It's okay that we are still in the middle of transitions. Everything will be okay, and 2012 will be OUR year. Oh, and we have decided to keep a constant supply of beer and tea if you would ever like to stop by and adventure with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment