More changes.
Quit job.
Start job.
End relationship.
But the world keeps spinning, and although my head spins with it, it is good.
Notable things about the past few days:
I got to drink coffee at my job. This has been a dream (or rather, a longing) of mine for the past six months. I would see people walking along the street, wearing boots and scarves and holding a steaming cup of coffee and hate them. Out of pure jealousy. Because they didn't have to be afraid that the coffee would be thrown at them or that someone would try to strangle them with their scarf. But today I got to sit down and drink coffee. I gained much more pleasure from this than would the average person.
I (almost) wasted three hours of my life watching the Bachelor finale. That show is so dumb. SO dumb. I haven't watched any of this season. But friends were watching it, and I was still on my high of being able to do things besides work in the evenings, so I went. And I'm glad I did. The reason I say "almost" wasted 3 hours was because I didn't waste them. I laughed, drank hard cider and white russians, did not think about anything philosophical, intellectual, or challenging for a bit. And there were good people there.
I hate drama and pride myself in being a logical person. But sometimes it feels good to be dramatic when I know it doesn't affect other people. So I let out my complete, sometimes exaggerated, feelings in my journal or I do something pathetic like sit in the shower and cry. I'm not devastated in any way, it just feels good to do things like that sometimes. It's tiring having it pulled together all the time.
And finally, I recognize that none of the aforementioned things are notable. Oh well.
I need to go to bed. I work normal people hours tomorrow. WEIRD.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment