Yesterday I went on a walk and thought about things. One thing that I thought about and decided was that I want to be more involved in my community. The "in my community" is the key part of that phrase. I have realized that I am always commuting, always going, even commuting to community. Which is not necessarily bad - I love the communities I am a part of, especially church! But today, Sunday, I wanted some change.
I went to a new church. A church that is only a couple of minutes from my house. It was not because I'm "church shopping," but because I wanted to try one that was nearby. Near and small. I loved it! I loved that there were multiple generations. I felt welcome. I felt like there are lots of places I could really serve there. I felt like I could pour out and be poured into! I'm excited to see what happens.
I also got a library card. Finally! The last library card I got was when I was 6. It's about time. So I got a real library card, and then checked out fun picture books to use in my theater classes (I want to be a good and prepared teacher this term).
I think I'm going to go for a run now. Run down some random streets and see where things are. This is my home, I want to know it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment