Thursday, May 24, 2012
part time jobs and such.
I have realized recently that I like being busy. Yes, I need to stop and rest and of course I complain about how busy I am. But I thrive off of going and doing and being different places and learning! Sure, I was exhausted after a 15 hour/3 job day this week, but I was happy.
This whole 3 part time job thing is challenging though because I always feel like I'm letting people down. Always. I have to say no to all of my bosses (frequently), say no to friends who want to hang out (I had a friend who asked me this week if I was free any day after 5, and I realized I'm not for a couple of weeks...), say no to getting my room unpacked (even though I've lived in my apartment for several months)...you get the picture. I'm not afraid to say no, I'm just tired of doing it all the time.
It's stressful and tricky even trying to figure out my schedules, especially when everyone needs me during the same time slots. I spend hours and a lot of mental energy e-mailing and making phone calls each week. Sometimes I wish I had a 9-5 job in one place (I don't really wish that, but sometimes I think it would be nice).
I develop coping skills though that help me...well, cope...with the insanity. Like paining my nails and sleeping on the couch with a fluffy comforter. These things are nice to do sometimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment