Tuesday, October 16, 2012

decisions (the "d" word).

Decisions. Decisions, decisions.

I absolutely SUCK at making them. Especially when they're kind of a big deal. Actually, I'm pretty good at helping other people make them, but when I have the dreaded power, I would much rather shove a fork in my eye (okay, wow, that just came to me from I don't know where). Or at least curl up in a corner.

This past weekend I had to make grown up choices about jobs and stuff. I hate letting people down, and my situation was like a giant game of Tetris, where you move one piece and the rest don't fit (or they fit in a completely different way). And there are lots of combinations. Pros and cons. If someone else told me to make a list, I would have [thought about] punching them. (Okay, that's not fair either, they're just trying to help, but seriously...you think I haven't thought about that? And even DONE that?).

It all came down to sitting on my bedroom floor, thinking, writing, crying, and lots of praying and listening. Then I had dinner with my blessed family and word vomited all over them, and they listened and helped me. Goodness, they are wise people. Even my little brother.

I finally decided. I sent e-mails. I breathed deeply. It feels SO GOOD to breathe!

I'll bet my poor roommate is happy I've made a decision. I have been so ridiculously overwhelmed and indecisive lately and made her make all the decisions.

Kristy: Where should we go? Ava's or Starbucks?

Me: *Curls up in ball* Ahhhh!!! I don't care but PLEASE don't make me choose!!

Kristy: Okayyyy...Ava's it is.

Yep. I'll bet the world's happier now that Julianne gets a break from making huge life decisions. At least a little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment