Wednesday, August 31, 2011

my week as a grown up.

Life is happening fast. Change is happening fast!

I started teaching at the theater this week. I love it. I get to be a grown up kid and play in a Storybook Theater, surrounded by cartoon trees and fluffy flowers. We get to do craft with gifts from the Peanut Butter Monster, run to Meatball, become magic rocks, and put on a play about pigs. Kids are funny.

Teacher: "Who can tell me what a rap is?"
Aleah: "Umm...well...a rap is something...I don't like. Actually, I don't know what a rap is."
Teacher: "Anyone else?"
Lucas: "A rap is like a giant mouse that runs in the sewer."
Teacher: "Oh, you mean rat. Nice job. Now who can tell me what a rap is?"
Griffin: "A rabbit is a fluffy white thing that hops around."
Teacher: "Well yes, that is exactly what a rabbit is. Now let me tell you what a rap is."

I'm living with Lisa's parents this week. They are so wonderful to host me so I don't have to commute to McMinnville every day. I have not been bored at all. Between hanging out with people, interviewing multiple times, and getting to bed early, my days are full (in the best sense possible). Speaking of interviews, my interview went really well. I got a call the next day to observe, which is what I did today.

Yes, I got kicked in the shins. Yes, I had a kid "pretending" to bite me. Yes, someone dumped out a trash can all over the floor and was throwing trash across the room. Working this job would be no walk in the park, but I think it would be so good for me. I will find out soon if I got it or not.

And I get to journal, journal, journal. Think, think, think. Be, be, be. Finally. I like the way things are unfolding. What blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment