Saturday, December 8, 2012

it's not complain-y, i promise.

Dear faithful readers, all one or two of you (since I do desire this to be a relatively "secret" blog),

This post will not be complain-y. I promise. Here are some simple things I have especially realized I'm thankful for recently.

1) Hot chocolate made with chocolate milk. As in...you heat up chocolate milk on the stove in a saucepan, then pour it in a mug and top with whipped cream and a candy cane. Delish.

2) Lateral lisps. They make everything in life scho much more entertaining. Krischty and I schtarted reading schines that we passched in car in thisch way. Then we schtarted schinging along to the schongs on the radio like thisch. It makesch everything hilariousch.

3)My job. Never in my life would I have answered the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" with, "Oh, you know, work with behaviorally challenged middle school boys with psychological disorders, obviously." But I love them.

4) The fact that my living room smelled like a combination of Christmas Tree and toast when I woke up this morning.

5) Evenings when you cancel all plans to lay on the couch and watch Friends and color.

6) Boys who are friends and nothing more. (Tangent: I have never in my life been able to have close guy friends without things getting weird. I have always been envious of friends who had guys with whom they were comfortable enough to share their hearts and go on "friend dates" with, without fear of one or the other desiring to move things past the platonic stage. I couldn't help it and I HATED that.) But now I do have some. I was able to call 2 of them and ask for boy advice on how to gracefully and respectfully let a guy down, and it was great. And men just bring a whole new element and energy to things. They can often be much less stressful than girls.

7) One on one conversation.

8) Group texts that are absolutely ridiculous and go on for days and include way more ERMAGARD memes than one would ever desire.

9) Sleeping naked. So liberating. I wear clothes all day, damnit. At least I can free my body for a few hours.

10) Instagram. Filters make everyone look attractive.

Welp, there's 10. I'm sure more will come soon. Merry Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment