It has been two months since I last posted. I think a huge part of this lapse in writing has been because...well...it's equally hard to write about everything and to choose what to write about. I have undergone more change in the last two months than probably ever before in my life. So because I don't have pretty words in me right now, I'm going to create another beloved list. This list will be entitled "In the last two months, I have..." - so here goes.
In the last two months, I have...
-Moved to the opposite side of the country
-Started a job that I LOVE LOVE LOVE
-Helped plant a church
-Swam in the Atlantic Ocean
-Traveled to Italy on a whirlwind, last minute (I found out I was going on Friday afternoon and left Saturday morning), trip for work
-Tried an Irish car bomb for the first time (the drink, DUH)
-Found a small group of socially awkward, incredibly talented lindy-hop swing dancers
-Cried at night while laying on my air mattress because I realized that no one here deeply knows me, and I deeply know no one here
-Enjoyed walking out the door each morning and feeling the crisp, warm air hit my skin and watching the Carolina blue sky begin to light up
-Assembled my own furniture
-Bought a bed and mattress on my own for the first time ever
-Gained confidence from being travel savvy
-Been trained to administer and score tests for drug companies that are working to develop breakthrough Alzheimer's medications
-Attended a bluegrass festival in Raleigh
-Become friends with women from France and Belarus
-Tried Chik-Fil-A for the first time
-Learned that in North Carolina there is a very, VERY big difference between light blue and dark blue. And you will be hated if either of those is your favorite color. Or red.
-Had a conversation with a Muslim who was on his way to Mecca for his pilgrimage for the first time. It was so pure and refreshing for us to both be able to lovingly talk about our beliefs, and genuinely hear and care for each other.
-Saw the Duomo and ate gelato, pizza, and gnocchi
-Sat in a hotel room for 13 hours packing boxes of materials for work
-Met a designer from NYC who has is own shop and line downtown
-Been humbled by the fact that I don't have close friends here
-Realized that because of my challenging jobs in the past, I have a special appreciation for simple things like sipping coffee at my desk at work, weekends, evenings off, and not dreading Monday mornings
-Flown first class internationally for the first time
-Had a feminist conversation with a man who is NOT a feminist, and I left feeling deeply upset. I really, really wanted to call him an asshole, but that would have done no one good.
-Realized how much I miss laughing very hard with Rommie and Kaitlin and Peter and Lisa and Austin and Jacob and Adam while cuddling under blankets, drinking beer, and watching foreign films. My heart longs to laugh that hard again and love in that capacity.
This is a quick, written-Friday-night-while-contentedly-tired-cuddled-under-a-blanket summary of the last two months. All in all, I am so. happy. and SO blessed. I feel, for the first time since I can remember, like I am EXACTLY where I am supposed to be at this season in life. I do not have the sense of unrest I have had for such a long time. Yes, I still have wanderlust, but that is different. I sort of hope that never goes away.
Perhaps soon I will break down this list and my thoughts more, but we shall see. For now I will end my evening by sitting under a blanket, eyes drooping, fingers typing, and heart peacefully full of wanderlust.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment