Thursday, January 20, 2011

My body is drained, my heart is full

My heart is so full of joy.

And it is a deep joy. Nothing has "happened" that just makes me "happy." I am just so overwhelmed with God's goodness. Sometimes His goodness comes in forms we would not originally desire or expect, but sometimes He shows us glimpses (that we can understand) of His perfect work.

Over the last 24 hours, I have had multiple bear-your-soul, God-is-good conversations with people. Completely unexpected, and completely life-giving. The funny thing is, if I had or had not deviated from my daily pattern accordingly, most of these wouldn't have happened. If an unexpected guest had not been studying in my living room until midnight, I would have gone to bed, and thus missed out on a raw, real, honest time of sharing with one of my housemates. This conversation lasted until 2:30 am, and although my body is tired, my heart is full. Vale la pena, sin duda. Oh, what joy.

If I hadn't forgotten to print off my assignment for class, I would not have needed to hurry across campus after work to turn it in. I would not have seen a dear friend through the door in an office, given her a hug, and had a conversation through which my heart was filled to overflowing. God. is. Good. Words were poured into us to share with one another. We were awestruck at how much what the other had to say resonated within our own souls. I left the office feeling so filled. Physically drained, yet spiritually filled. Oh, what joy.

Now throw in a phone conversation that lifted burdens, discussing life with one of my dearest friends who knows me so well, and sharing frustrations and joys with my roommate. These conversations...all of them...spoke to me. Rather, I was spoken to through them.

Oh, what joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment