Sunday, January 30, 2011

Now.

I am finding peace.

No, that's not right. Peace is being given to me. Yes, that's it.

Oh, transitions. Life is full of them, but right now I am being bombarded by them from every direction. I have no idea where I am going. I am still trying to figure out where I am coming from. The majority of the familiar things in my life will be ripped away in three months. I am the kind of person who loves security. I like to have a plan, and a back-up plan, and a back-up back-up plan. Yet here I am, with only the great unknown around the bend in the road.

I know I have written about this topic before, but I am writing again because it is what is on my heart. That, and my perception of transition and the future is constantly being transformed. You know what? I'm not scared. Sure, when I think about the great wide somewhere, it is scary. But I am not scared. There is a difference. For the first time, I feel at peace. I have no doubt in my mind that when I'm supposed to know, where I'm supposed to go...I will know.

For now, I just want to keep living life. Not just letting life happen, but living it. I want to squeeze meaning out of each experience. I want to rest in the peace of knowing that as long as I am seeking Him constantly, I am in the center of God's will. There is nowhere I would rather be. I am learning to rest in that. I am learning to be still. I am learning to not be still.

I am finding joy!

No, that's not right. Joy is being gifted to me. Yes, that's it.

O, what grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment