Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hallelujah, i'm busy and STILL caving in.

I'm busy. So, what else is new? But I'm glad to be busy. My life is full of good things right now. Sure, I wouldn't mind a free afternoon to do laundry and clean and go grocery shopping, but I'll take this sleep deprived, granola bar eating, home-only-to-sleep type of life over being bored any day. These are some good things that are filling (and i do mean FILLING) my days right now:

1)Theater! Every weekday, all day. Teaching theater to little ones. Dressing up like a pirate. Learning how to whip up a production in no time flat. It's a fun job. I know I"ll get tired of this schedule by August, but for now I like it. Also, in addition to teaching, I have rehearsal several hours a week for a show in Vancouver. It feels good to act again.

2)Church. My group of women, my missional community, is my freaking lifeblood. Well, I guess Jesus is, but he sure works through these women. I look forward to every Wednesday night. I also serve at church on Friday nights. I like this community.

3) Weddings and weddingness. Bachelorette parties. Ceremonies. Bridal showers. Oh mylanta. This week alone I went to one wedding, one bachelorette party, and skipped another bachelorette party, another wedding, and a bridal shower. Oh and I have a wedding to go to next weekend. I'm at the point now where I'm just kinda done with it. (Lisa, I understand why you hate weddings now). I don't hate them, though. I'm just tired of them. They really can be fun sometimes. I'm just burned out and broke.

4)Work. I fill in the nooks and crannies of my schedule with my other jobs.

It's good for me to be busy. I don't have time to think and feel things, which I appreciate right now. I'm hurting. Not depressed, but hurting. So It's good to stay busy because life hurts less. I am also learning and growing, and being busy doesn't cut in on that too much. Hallelujah, I'm STILL caving in.

No comments:

Post a Comment