Random things about me I don't like everyone knowing because I know I will be judged:
1) I am not an animal lover. I like dogs and that's about it. And only smart ones, or really really cute ones. Not yippy little purse dogs. Not huge, slobbery dogs that I could put a saddle on and ride. Just normal dogs with brains. Okay, kittens are pretty adorable too. But seriously, that's it. While everyone else in Newberg gushes over the awesomeness of Critter Cabana, I would much rather spend an afternoon doing [insert fairly unpleasant activity]. Animals smell bad and are hairy and messy and sometimes creepy. As a girl, I never even went through a horse stage. While my friends were fantasizing about owning their own stables and ponies, I was thinking about how glad I was I didn't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to feed them and clean their poop. I really don't care much for animals.
2) I am not green. Sure, I try and recycle, but I'm not super into the hipster "Let's only shower once a week so we can save water for the garden that we planted out back, so we will only eat organic things. It doesn't matter that my feet are filthy because I don't wear shoes or that I'm constantly sweaty from riding my bike everywhere...at least I'm green" mentality. Okay, that's an exaggeration. I recognize that some people really are green for the right reasons (and I sort of envy them). Right reasons being respecting God's creation and redemptive living and understanding Wendell Berry. (I honestly wish I understood more of this mentality, but I just don't right now). But the hipster "I'm green because it's the cool thing to do and I am automatically 3 notches above you because I refuse to drink Starbucks coffee, and let me share with the world about how green and cool I am" mentality really irks me.
3) I know how to brown nose. Let me know if you ever want any techniques! They work great.
4) I hate to bake. I love to cook but hate to bake. Too much mess for something that takes too long to make and has too many calories. Cooking I like (and want to keep learning!), but baking...no. I realize that this separates me from 99% of the girls out there, but that's how it is. Give me funfetti waffles and I'll be happy.
There. Judge me if you will...and then let's have coffee and be friends anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment