Sunday, June 26, 2011

Things.

1. I am so thankful for kindred spirits. Those few and far between individuals to whom I don't have to explain things (because they just understand).

2. As you can tell by reading my blog, I like to write in bullet point format. It helps me organize my thoughts. Bear with me and maybe you'll grow to love it too.

3. Sometimes I dwell so much on deep thoughts that I forget to understand the simple ones.

4. I am currently addicted to salads. My parents gave me lettuce from their garden and it is beyond delectable. Add some feta cheese, cucumbers, and tomatoes...incredible.

5. Please be transparent with me. If you don't, I will play an overanalytical guessing game (please don't make me do this!). The worst way anyone hurts me is by avoiding communication.

6. I threw up on three different people's lawns last week. Disgusting, I know. Running an intense new route immediately after eating dinner, paired with doing crunches every .6 miles is a stupid idea.

7. I have always viewed myself as an open book. And, for the most part, I have been. But I'm starting to close. Walls are going up that I didn't realize were under construction. It takes those who know me intimately to point this out. Maybe walls are good? I don't know. I realized that sometimes I don't like to feel, so I don't let myself feel. I am so ridiculously good at rationalizing that I even fool myself. I'm still trying to figure out when to let myself feel.

8. I have no idea who reads this blog. I have intentionally only given the url to a few people. Maybe no one reads it. But it is good for me to write.

2 comments:

  1. I read. :) I don't always know what to say though. Sometimes our ponderings need no comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Understood completely. Thank you for letting me know you read though. I'm glad. I read yours too (and rarely comment).

    ReplyDelete