The music plays around me. I feel uncomfortable. I feel at peace.
God, what are you trying to tell me?!
"Be still. Be still and let me teach you a little more about love."
But I don't know how to love! Can I even truly love?! Yes, I can tell you what love is. But can I show you? Sometimes, maybe...sometimes my actions allude to love. Oh, what a paradox love is. Love is an action, not an emotion. Love is a choice. But love is not always a choice, and love is not merely action.
"Be still. You have a lot to learn about love."
Is there such thing as altruistic love? We are called to love unconditionally and altruistically. But how is this possible? I feel like humankind is always expecting something in return for love. Maybe not something tangible or explicable, but something. Even a "good" feeling, praise, or pride concealed in apparent humility. God, you call us to love altruistically. But how?!
"Be still. You cannot love on your own. Let me show you. I am love."
God is love. The Holy Spirit is God. The Holy Spirit is Love. The Holy Spirit dwells within me. Therefore, I am love (through Him).
"Be still. I am love. Let me show you. Let me show you."
Yes. But help me to let You show me. And thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment