Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Funfetti waffles and strolling and kindred spirits

Oh goodness. Right smack dab in the middle of heaviness...in the middle of pouring out...in the middle of being drained...I am gifted with a kindred spirit and an evening full of simple joys. We did lots of things.

Cooking. A real, multi-ingredient meal that involved sautéeing and simmering. And then Kristy and I stuffed our faces.

Kindred spirits. We reveled in our kindred spirit-ness. It's nice to not have to explain everything to someone, you know? She just gets it. We gushed and shared and poured into one another (while feeling poured into), constantly interrupting one another yet genuinely listening. Somehow we can do that for each other.

Funfetti waffles. We made them and took them outside and sat on the porch.
"This moment is happy. Let's remember this."
Laying on our backs, feet resting on the wood columns of the porch, laughing.

Strolling.

Rooftops. Of course we had to climb one! So we sat on the slanted peak as the sun went down, appreciating one another and life.

I feel filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment