People are funny. Please, allow me to relay a [mostly one-sided] conversation I overheard while I was in line at the Dollar Tree.
But first, let me describe the characters involved.
Character #1: A girl who looked about 16, loudly chewing gum, standing behind the cashier. (She had been following another employee around earlier rattling off questions and senseless statements)
Character #2: The cashier. Poor man.
(Julianne walks up to the cashier, ready to pay.)
Aaaaaaaand.....action.
Girl: I know the Dollar Tree better than anyone else... I know all the employees, too... Even the manager....He knows me because I follow him around and bug him all day...hahahahaha...and my mom know him too...but yeah, I know all the employees....except for I don't know Aaron very well...but I really want to.
Cashier: Why is that?
Girl: Because he's cute, and I want to go out with him...because he's cute and he goes to PCC...and I go to PCC... and he has a real job...and he's 18, and I'm 18, and you're 18...
Cashier: I'm not 18.
Girl: Are you 21?
Cashier: No...
Girl: 19? 17? How old are you?...
(Julianne and Lydia exchange awkward glances as they exit the store...)
End scene.
Did that really just happen? Yes, yes it did.
Poor Dollar Tree employees, I feel sorry for you, but thank you for the good laughs.
People are funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is delightful. :) Thank for inviting me into your thoughts.
ReplyDeleteLove, Sudses