Christmas break is here. Finally. I have so many thoughts in my head and don't feel like writing a zillion blogs, so this post will be random. Like me.
- I hate Kay diamond commercials. They are so ridiculously cheesy (and it's not like the commercials that try to be cheesy because it's funny...Kay is serious). Ew. I sure hope no ever tries to win me over with lines like those. It won't work.
-Getting done with the semester was such a weird feeling. This finals week was way harder than most. Or maybe it wasn't, and my level of motivation was just down. Either way, it was long and I was probably not too pleasant to be around. Sorry. Anyway, it was weird. I finished my final. Handed papers in. Went to my house. Sat on the couch. Was starving from not eating all day, but I didn't have the energy or motivation to get up and make food. So I just sat. And sat.
-The topics for my 2 final papers were "Is Morality based on Reasoning?" and "The Meaning of Life." They're not quite as easy to B.S. as I thought.
-Laughter is so incredibly underrated. Friday night I got to engage in guilt-free laughter and fun, and it was sooooo needed. By guilt-free, I mean...well...I guess anytime I would have fun, I would be trying to enjoy the moment while simultaneously feeling guilty for goofing off because I "should" (notice the quotes) be writing papers, filling out a study guide, or doing something else I can check off my list. I KNOW that laughter is important and it's okay to take a break. I know. But it was so liberating to be able to laugh and have fun without a zillion things on my to-do list for the night. That's all.
-I like my friends. I like that we can laugh at dumb things. I like that we can be real with each other. I like that we can sit inside and drink beer and just be with each other.
-I went to church by myself today. At first I didn't want to. I really, really didn't want to. There is this social stigma attached to doing things alone. It screams, "I'm here by myself because I can't get a boyfriend, and none of my friends like me enough to come with me." Neither of these are true, but I find myself thinking them sometimes when I see someone doing something alone. Makes me want to slap myself in the face. Anyway, it was nice to go alone. I don't want to have to always do things with people for fear that people will think I'm inadequate. Who cares what other people think. I actually really enjoyed going to church myself. So much, in fact, that afterward I went shopping by myself. I liked not having to talk to anyone or strike up a conversation when I didn't feel like talking. I even considered taking myself out to lunch. It was nice and I want to do it more often.
Okay, that's enough for now. This is long. More randomness later, perhaps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment